Sunday, 6 December 2015
Sunday, 22 November 2015
Wednesday, 18 November 2015
Meditation has become widely known over the past few years in the western society. We are encouraged to meditate for many reasons, with STRESS being one of the main factors.
Wednesday, 11 November 2015
Tuesday, 3 November 2015
Thursday, 8 October 2015
- You have made a conscious decision that you are going to go to Yoga class tonight.
- Before your class begins, think of what has drawn you to the session (stress, illness, fitness, family)!
- In class Observe the state of your mind, breath and body. Is your mind active or still, Is your breath short or fast, deep or shallow? Is your body tired or restless? - observe!
- Class finishes - Now this is the moment you can really observe the difference of your mind, breath and body! Comparing before you began to how you finally feel when the session has ended. That topic/reason that drew you to class is it as important now, as stressful?
Tuesday, 25 August 2015
Tuesday, 18 August 2015
- Created strength in your body for pregnancy & birth.
- Helps prepare you for labour.
- Balances both body and mind bringing harmony.
- The breath work promotes relaxation as the parasympathetic nervous system kicks in to use.
- A deep connection with your unborn child is created.
Tuesday, 11 August 2015
Friday, 24 July 2015
Wednesday, 20 May 2015
Yes its true Shivasana also known as Mrtasana is important after your physical yoga practice.
This part of the Yoga practice can be the most difficult part to master. I see it with my very own eyes in class. Students make little excuses that they have to leave at relaxation for one thing or another. But this isn't the time to leave. This is the time to explore yourself deeper and master the mind of this difficult section of the practise until it becomes a place of comfort. Just like we do the poses and to begin with they can be a little uncomfortable overtime the asanas we perform become supported by the universe!
Shivasana can be extremely difficult due to us lying down and trying to quieten everything especially the wandering mind. Most people struggle to begin with when attempting relaxation (so your not alone if this is you), this is quiet normal due to the stresses we are surrounded with in day to day life. Our mind is being pulled all over the place with different challenges, tasks and demands from moment to moment outside of yoga class and to train the mind to be still is a task in itself to begin with.
So how do we begin to master this section of the practice? The first thing is we DO NOT beat our self up when our mind wanders, our regular yoga practice will itself make it easier and easier for us when we enter relaxation, and our mind will becomes more and more still over time. Our yoga practice starts the one pointed concentration due to our postures and the following of the breath during Asana work, so when we come to rest over time the mind will naturally begin to quieten, but you will have odd days where it wont (after all some times we have more things on our mind).
When you first begin and you struggle with lots of thoughts in Shavasana if the teacher isn't guiding you through a relaxation or visualisation then bring your awareness to your breath, watch it, do not change it just watch, and if your mind drifts bring your awareness back to your breath again gently. Remember there is no right and wrong and don't judge yourself or be disappointed if the mind wanders, you should praise yourself for just being at class in the first place.
Shavasana = Sava = dead; also know as corpse pose requires you to lie on your back, legs a comfortable distance apart with the feet falling to the corners of your mat. Your arms a nice distance away from your body. I encourage palms to face up towards the sky (in order to receive/being open). If you feel vulnerable then placing palms down or moving close to your sides is always an option to make you feel safer. The shoulders should move away from the ears to create space in the neck, and the neck should be long and chin to chest to create length in your neck, but not scrunched up to chest....nice and long. If pregnant then this position is not recommended but instead take it onto your left side. Glasses are advised to be removed so they don't press on nerve endings and cause discomfort.
Saturday, 25 April 2015
- Helps with concentration and focus
- Refines balance and coordination
- Enhances Flexibility
- Boosts self-esteem and confidence
- Strengthens the mind body connection
- Helps increase imagination
Friday, 24 April 2015
Life is forever moving around again and again.
Journey through moment by moment it's the best step to take through sun shine and rain.
The days seem so quickly to vanish just leaving a smudge in the brain.
We can look back with regret with sorrow but I tell you that's just lame.
Your journey is special I tell you again!
Don't just sit there wollowing in pain. You're heart has wings that fly high in the sky just listen to it, it whispers to you with a lot of strain.
Go forth and live the life you deserve through fog, snow and sunshine you deserve the best you wonderful mess.
Sunday, 22 March 2015
- Sit down in a quiet calm place. Be warm and comfortable.
- Close your eyes and allow your attention to move into your body.
- Feel sensations connect with them, don't get tangled up in thoughts. Let the thoughts drift by life clouds drifting through the sky.
- Now bring attention to your breath.
- Breath in and breath out and be aware of the breath breathing your body.
- When the mind drifts or you catch yourself thinking about something acknowledge it and let it drift on by and bring your attention back to your breath.
- Allow yourself to sit quietly for 10-15minutes to begin with increasing this time as you get much more comfortable with the sessions.
Tuesday, 17 February 2015
What is our world becoming?
A competition between who is the best.
Why are we so ego driven? Because media, press and the rest want us to rise to the test.
It's sad and makes my heart cry.
It shouldn't be a test. It's not about who Is the best!
Life is better simple, where the heart can fly high into the sky.
If we all cared instead of interfered it might all be more simple dear.
Fly away ego, fly away conforming, allow your heart and soul to keep on soring.
Tuesday, 10 February 2015
I'm guessing if you are reading this post either your hips are stiff, you have problems with them or you want to learn more about the hips!
HIPS - "Carries the body in perfect balance. Major thrust in moving forward. fear of going forward in major decisions." Louise Hay, Heal Your Body.
Monday, 9 February 2015
Look closely.... can you see....
Can you see what it is?
Wednesday, 4 February 2015
Monday, 26 January 2015
Well it was the first official workshop in the studio yesterday! It was incredible.
Me and Anna really loved it and intend to do another very soon.
Balancing the Yin and Yang and learning to have a deeper awareness of your body and mind!
I intend to share a meditation workshop soon! I am loving our meditation sessions at the moment...and believe this would be a great way to spend a few hours!
I love my studio and all the people that come and share this beautiful science!